Electronic Commerce Technical Issues
The tomcat shell has been fixed and now works. Create a directory of your
own for tomcat (e.g $HOME/tomcat). Create subdirectories conf and webapps.
Copy the conf files from the tomcat distribution:
Set the TOMCAT_HOME environment vbl, say in your
cp /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/conf/* $HOME/tomcat
Then start tomcat at a shell prompt by
and stop it by
The initial handout is incomplete, but contains
a list of topics that should be covered in this subject.
Materials at front desk
- Week 2 related
- NCD HTML Tag List
- WebMonkey "Sizing up the Browsers"
- XHTML 1.0 specification
- HTTP 1.1 specification
- HTML 4.0 specification
- WebMonkey "Browser detection"
- Week 3 related
- The CGI-LIB Library for C code
- CGI/1.1 Specification
- Modelling Web applications with UML
- Java CGI HOW-TO
- CGI Security
- Week 4 related
- CGI.pm reference manual
- Reuven Lerner "At the Forge: Combining Apache and Perl"
- Week 5 related
- Stefan Zeiger "An invitation to Servlets"
- Cynthia Bloch "Trail: Servlets"
- Marty Hall "Servlets and Java Server Pages"
- Week 6 related
- Session.pm Users Guide
- Session.pm Reference manual
- Apache ASP manual
- Week 7 related
- Week 8 related
- ApacheWeek: "Using User Authentication"
- "Mosaic User Authentication Tutorial"
- IETF RFC 2617 "HTTP Authentication: Basic and Digest
- mod_SSL User Manual
- Week 14 related
- Steve Ball's lecture notes
- Week 15 related
- WAP Architecture
- WAP WML Specification
- WML Tutorial
- iMode FAQ
- cHTML specification
Jan Newmarch (http://pandonia.canberra.edu.au)
Last modified: Wed Oct 25 09:57:30 EST 2000
Copyright ©Jan Newmarch